supported os

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 20 11:36:58 UTC 2023

On Oct 20, 2023, at 12:41 AM, Andrei Katsuk <steep8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also I want to clarify - does the presence of scripts for creating an
> alpine docker image in the freeradius repository mean that freeradius
> is tested on alpine before each release?  My question arose due to the
> fact that I did not find any information about supporting Alpine os on
> freeradius website.Also by default Alpine has musl c library unlike
> ubuntu, which uses glibc, that may influence on testing process.

  This is Open Source, so you should ask yourself what "supported" means.

  In the case of Open Source, it means that if it works, great.  If not, you're free to submit a patch to fix the issue.

  If you want commercial support, that's a separate issue.  There is a cost-benefit trade-off here, and you're free to choose whatever system works for you.

  But generally speaking, most Linux distributions are similar.  Most applications which work on one distribution will work on all distributions.