checkrad alternative

Igor Smitran sigor at blic.net
Mon Oct 30 00:04:44 UTC 2023

On 29. 10. 23. 16:09, Matthew Newton via Freeradius-Users wrote:

> Or as Alan said just write a script to do it and exec that instead of
> checkrad.
Yes, i agree, but it's even less expensive (time regarding) to trigger
perl module than to exec script, isn't it? Or am i wrong and missing
something?

> I still find it surprising it's not available over SNMP. E.g. Cisco
> ASR 1k supports the CISCO-SUBSCRIBER-SESSION-MIB which seems to
> contain what you want:
>
> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr1000/mib/guide/asr1kmib/asr1mib3.html#23448

yes, i have two ASRs 1k and it works on them, but this new ASR 9901
doesn't have that table at all, did snmpwalk on entire tree and didn't
find anything that looks even close to ASR 1k results.