SQL: radpostauth empty fields

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 20 18:44:19 UTC 2023

On Sep 20, 2023, at 2:38 PM, Stephane Bourque <stephane.bourque at arilia.com> wrote:
> We are using FreeRadius with SQL and everything is working fine right now.
> We are using PostgreSQL. We are noticing all empty fields in the
> radpostauth DB, namely callingstationid and calledstationid.

  Then the NAS isn't sending the Calling-Station-ID or Called-Station-ID attributes.

  FreeRADIUS can't invent things it's never seen.

> I am assuming this is where something is missing to update these fields. I
> am not finding information of what we would need to add or modify in order
> to populate the fields.
>
> Is there a link you can point me to or an explanation on how to solve this
> problem?

  Read the debug log as suggested in all of the documentation, including the message you get when you join the list.

  Then, notice that there's no Calling-Station-ID or Called-Station-ID attributes in the packets.

  Or, you're using PEAP or TTLS.  And you're logging the *inner* authentication, which doesn't have the Calling-Station-ID or Called-Station-ID attributes.  To fix that, just edit the "inner-tunnel" virtual server, and copy those attributes from the outer request.