Fiddling with EAP types...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Wed Apr 10 21:03:39 UTC 2024

Mandi! Alan Buxey
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Apparently that's the behaviour when the printer doesn't recognise the
> RADIUS cert. (I support that EAP type but I dont support that type
> because I'm not happy with the server cert). You need to import the
> root (and intermediate certificates) into the HP printer then it will
> do 802.1X happily

Printer have a self-signed certiifcate (the default HP one); i've loaded the
CA certificate (an internal one) into the printer, CA certificate that was
used to sign the cert the freeradius server use.

I need also to create, sign and load to the printer a client certificate signed by
the same CA?

Also, i was sure that EAP-TLS mean 'auth by the way of certificates'; but if
i choose EAP-TLS, still the printer ask me to input user and password.

I'm a bit confused...

--
  Fino a quando il colore della pelle sarà più importante del colore
  degli occhi, sarà sempre guerra.			(Bob Marley)