mod_auth_radius and IPv6

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 15 20:31:51 UTC 2024

On Apr 15, 2024, at 4:26 PM, Ken Partridge via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> If there a fork of the mod_auth_radius 1.6.0/1.6.1 someplace that supports IPv6 ?
>
> We were looking for an alternative before we look into how we can support it

  I don't think there's an alternative RADIUS plugin for Apache.

  It shouldn't be that hard to add IPv6 support.

  But the Apache people were completely uninteresting in adding the module, and the Apache APIs changed almost weekly for a while.  I then stopped using Apache, and mostly just ignored the module.

  I guess we should still release a new version of the module some time soon.