FreeRadius EAP-TLS Auth using Email Address

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Fri Feb 2 11:51:59 UTC 2024

On 02/02/2024 08:45, LOWES, Phil (LEICESTERSHIRE PARTNERSHIP NHS TRUST)
via Freeradius-Users wrote:
> I've found a script that pulls the username from AD using the email address and then authenticates using the username.

Just note that if you mean running an external script (e.g. shell, perl,
etc) then performance will really suffer.

As Alan suggested, looking up in LDAP will be the thing to do, and you
can do that directly from within FreeRADIUS.

It's still a bit confusing as to exactly how you are trying to set
things up, so answers can't really be much more specific.

--
Matthew