debug log

Jon Gerdes gerdesj at blueloop.net
Tue Jul 9 22:11:34 UTC 2024

On Tue, 2024-07-09 at 20:31 +0000, Ryan McGuire via Freeradius-Users
wrote:
> I have ran through the tutorial of freeradius setup at the following
> site and am sharing my debug file as at this point I’m not sure where
> I’m supposed to go? We’re trying to setup wireless authentication
> using a mikrotik router as our NAS to authenticate to our radius
> server.
>

> https://docs.beamnetworks.dev/en/linux/networking/freeradius-daloradius
>

> below is my debug log after running

-----------------8<----------------------

Ryan

I'm no expert but Alan and co are probably tied up with BlastRadius.

I can't see an actual authentication attempt in your debug log.  It
would be nice to see how things actually fail 8)  Redact any passwords
or create some simple throwaway ones for the logs.  If you do set a
simple secret etc make sure you set it everywhere it is needed.

There are a few errors in there that are probably cosmetic.  A possible
duplicate definition of your Mikrotik (another one called IT office
Mikrotik)

You might like to try out this sort of testing, with radclient.  Here's
a reasonably well documented effort:

https://support.secureauth.com/hc/en-us/articles/21005845034772-How-to-test-RADIUS-using-RADCLIENT-on-Linux-WSL

What sort of Mikrotik are you using?  They tend to come with the
kitchen sink installed.  Routeros comes with a FreeRADIUS installed.

A few more short notes on what you are trying to achieve and a debug of
what happens when it fails and I'm sure you'll get over the line.

Cheers
Jon