problem with ippool module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 10 12:07:50 UTC 2024

On Jul 10, 2024, at 7:16 AM, Rubenb <rubenb at verdnatura.es> wrote:

> Im using freeradius 3.2.4 , I have a problem that I couldn't set up ippool module. When I do a symbolic link with mods-enabled and mods-available of ippool module , I set up ippool module with two pools.
>
> Then when I go to start the service freeradius with systemd , it couldnt start , syslog says:
>
> /"rlm_ippool: Failed to open file /etc/freeradius/db-users.ippool: Read-only file system"

  That seems fairly clear.

  This isn't a problem with FreeRADIUS.  You've configured FreeRADIUS so that it tries to write files to /etc, but /etc isn't writable.

  So... configure FreeRADIUS to write files somewhere else, which is writable.

  And in general, it's a bad idea to put DB files into /etc.  They usually go into a writable directory, like /var.