Questions about 3.2.5 (BalstRADIUS)

James Fan polysorb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 07:25:28 UTC 2024

Hi,

I upgraded to 3.2.5 and added the following configurations to the
security section in the radius.conf.

require_message_authenticator = yes
limit_proxy_state = yes

I've noticed an unexpected behavior. When I send an access request without
the Message-Authenticator but with the Proxy-State, I still get an access
rejected response rather than the expected access discarded. Could you
please clarify if this is the intended behavior?

I am using the dynamic clients. Does that override the client configs? I
don't add the &FreeRADIUS-Client-Require-MA setting.
Thanks for your help.