Exec-Program-Wait multiple reply items

George Chelidze wrath at geo.net.ge
Mon Jan 9 17:43:19 CET 2006

Dusty Doris wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have recently migrated to freeradius (latest stable on debian
>> sarge - 1.0.2-4) and faced with the following problem:
>>
>> I use Exec-Program-Wait attribute as a reply item in users file.
>> It returns 3 attributes: NAS-Identifier, Framed-IP-Address and
>> Framed-Route. These attributes are printed on stdout with
>> trailing "\n". However they are not returned to the NAS as are
>> not comma separated. Is there any known workaround for this
>> problem? Thanks in advance.
>>

> There was a thread about this in the end of December.  I believe you
> have to return the attributes comma seperated, like in the users file.
>
> Instead of something like
>
> printf "Some-Attribute = Somevalue\nAnother-Attribute = Anothervalue\n"
>
> It should be
>
> printf "Some-Attribute = Somevalue, Another-Attribute = Anothervalue\n"
>
> If that doesn't work, please show your debug (radius -X).
> - List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Thanks to all who replied to my question. I knew I forgot something, now
I know - search the archives :-) Always suggested others to do so and it
happened with me. The solution seems to be replacing \n -s by commas as
adviced here and in the archives, but there is a piese of code in exec.c
which replaces \n-s with commas. I thought it handles situations where
multiple items are returned delimited by \n-s, but I was wrong. Perhaps
I have to learn the code further.

Best Regards,

George