Openvpn server and Freeradius client

hal hl700 at cc.usu.edu
Thu Jun 15 23:44:53 CEST 2006

running: Redhat Enterprise Linux version 4
	 Openvpn 2.0.7 (server)
	 freeradius pam_radius-1.3.16 (client)

Using the above the Openvpn server will authenticate an Openvpn
client using a radius server on a remote machine.

The above ONLY works when the username supplied by the Openvpn
client is found in the passwd file on the Openvpn server.  Yes
it does use the radius server to authenticate.

As you can imagine this is not the behavior I want.

I have no clue where the problem(s) is/are?!

Is it redhat, Openvpn, Freeradius or a combination of the three?

Does anyone have a clue, hint, or idea what the problem might be?

hal