MySQL and postauth_query

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Tue May 8 06:07:13 CEST 2007

George Embrey <george at vmail.net.au> says:
> Queries to Windows MySQL servers from Linux Systems often fail unless
> the lower_case_table_names parameter is set to 0 in the my.ini file in
> the MySQL directory.

I'm familiar with that issue, and I checked all the table case-ness.  The
problem seems to be with providing an empty string ('') as the value for an
auto-incrementing integer primary index.

The problem with setting lower_case_table_names to 0 is that I could end up
blowing away my MyISAM tables elsewhere in that server, as per the warning
the service control gives, if I moof a query on those and use the "wrong"
case:

"You have forced lower_case_table_names to 0 through a command-line option,
even though your file system 'E:\MySQL\Data\' is case insensitive.  This
means that you can corrupt a MyISAM table by accessing it with different
cases. You should consider changing lower_case_table_names to 1 or 2"

It's working fine with my modifie query, so I'm just going to put this down
to "a 5.x thing" and live with my change.  Compared to the wholesale hack
and slash job I've had to do on the sqlippool queries to get them to work,
it's no Big Whoop, LOL!

But thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate your time.

   -- hugh