Linksys WIFI Authentication using freeradius?

michel at casa.co.cu michel at casa.co.cu
Wed Dec 7 07:15:43 CET 2011

hello

I have a Linksys WRT-110 router which supports various security
mechanisms: WPA & WPA2 Personal, WPA Enterprise and Radius
authentication.

Today WPA2 Personal use where all my clients use the same key or
password to connect.

I want to change this so that each user can connect with username and
password in a personal way, I was thinking my router to authenticate
against a radius server.

google search and it turns out all the variations I have encountered
are implementing freeradius with PEAP TLS and mysql which should
generate certificates and then configure the client and in turn
install these certificates to the exchange between the server and
client.

I was wondering, there is some other simpler way that does not imply
that this set up or install certificates on the client side?

Well, I have several clients with different operating systems:
Windows, Linux, Apple.

Something as simple as putting the username and password.

It OpenWrt I saw as another variant to follow and the router does not
appear in the list of supported devices.

Ideas?

Michel