documentation and project organization (Was: Using LDAP with EAP-TLS)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 16 22:42:32 CEST 2011

John Dennis wrote:
> I do see a theme but I also see a problem. FreeRADIUS has gotten big
> enough that 1 person, even one as amazing as you are, can't do it all. I
> humbly suggest you try to offload some of the work by running this as a
> project and having a team.

  Sure.  Volunteers?

  It was run as a team for a while.  The main team members gradually got
busy doing other things.

> You can delegate responsibilities, coordinate
> and still have a significant architectural and coding role.

  Sure.  Using git means that delegation is much less of an issue,
though.  Simply fork FreeRADIUS using github, write patches, and submit
them.  That's how all of the recent third-party patches have gone in.

  Again: look at the track record.  Pretty much any interesting new
feature, or patch or bugfix gets added.  But the volume of such
submissions is pretty low.

  There's no need to volunteer, or to take on a role.  Just do the work,
and the title will come automatically.