[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc1

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Mon Sep 9 09:44:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

> We are in feature freeze for 3.0. The configuration format and behaviour for 3.0 will be stable between now and the final release (as it was with release_3_0_0_rc0).
>
> If you are planning on deploying 3.0 and have an existing 2.x.x configuration you were planning to migrate when the 3.0 is released, now would be a good time to try that, and to report any issues or problematic behavior changes you notice.
>
> To provide a single point to test against, the release_3_0_0_rc1 tag has been created.

When trying to "make install" with the custom way of avoiding raddb as
suggested on the list earlier (i.e.

mv raddb raddb-noinst
mkdir raddb
touch raddb/all.mk
make install

I now encounter a Makefile error:

radius-int-1-new:~/freeradius-server-release_3_0_0_rc1 # make install
make: *** No rule to make target
`/usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb/mods-config', needed by
`/usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb/mods-config/perl'.  Stop.

As you see, I'm not inside /usr/local/freeradius at all ... I'm in
/root/freeradius-server-release_3_0_0_rc1/.

The raddb folder is empty except the 0-byte all.mk.

Why would it think it needs to do something for
/usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb/mods-config/perl ?

This is an otherwise fresh rc1. The directory above is the place where
the config resides in; but it should leave that one alone, right?

configure runs with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freeradius/3.0.0-tagged-rc1 \
            --with-raddbdir=/usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb \
            --with-openssl \

--with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/freeradius/openssl-1.0.1c/include \

--with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/freeradius/openssl-1.0.1c/lib

(and that's the reason it knows about /usr/local/freeradius/config/raddb
at all)

I believe that way to make "make install" ignore raddb used to work with
rc0 and numerous GIT snapshots.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--