TinyPEAP

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Tue Jun 7 04:36:59 CEST 2005

I was going to post the following on the linksys tinypeap forum.  Comments?
And/or we could submit a slashdot story.

====
Please don't use TinyPEAP.  The authors have stolen code from
the FreeRADIUS project (not the legal definition of "steal" since
code isn't physical property, but theft all the same).

TinyPEAP uses TLS (and possibly other) code from FreeRADIUS.
FreeRADIUS is licensed under the GPL.  That means if you take
FreeRADIUS code and redistribute it, you must also distribute
your modifications to the code.  Or if you incorporate FreeRADIUS
code into your own, you've "infected" your own code and must
distribute the source.

Many FreeRADIUS developers have worked hard to create the
EAP functionality.  Please don't step on their rights by using
TinyPEAP.

The TinyPEAP developers were contacted but did not respond.  Next
will be legal action.

Frank Cusack
FreeRADIUS developer
====