Google Summer of Code and RadSec?

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Thu Apr 20 17:49:40 CEST 2006

Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> Stefan Winter wrote:

  Hmm... didn't see that message.  I think my mail is broken again.

> There is a long standing issue with the OpenSSL and GPL licenses, but
> I can't see when I'll have time to write GnuTLS support in FreeRADIUS.
> That's why I'd like to submit this project to Summer of Code, and
> become the mentor of the student who volunteers in this project.

  Sounds good to me.

> Alan is the best person in the role of the "organization administrator",
> so we need his approval to sign up for Summer of Code.

  Let's do it.

  I'd suggest coming up with 3-4 project suggestions, so that there
would be more of a chance of a student finding a project they liked.

  1) GnuTLS support in rlm_eap
  2) radsec (as a separate daemon)
  3) adding tacacs+ support (see one of the bugs for template code)

  Others?

  The server is at the point where it's getting hard for me to think
of simple, yet useful features to add.