Need help

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sun Jan 14 19:41:18 CET 2007

On Sun 14 Jan 2007 19:33, Abhinay Sinha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a billing package for ISPs. I am trying to use the
> freeradius server, but my problem is that my database schemas are
> complex and won't be working with the available modules.

Complex database structures can still be accommodated via database stored
procedures which are usually faster than sending multiple queries to a
database in any case.

> That means I will have to develop a custom module for my software and
> compile it with freeradius. My problem is that if I do that, it won't
> be compatible with general RADIUS servers and I'll have to provide the
> software with freeradius server and my module. So will it mean that
> I'll have to keep my software GPL

Yes

> , since I am using and distributing
> freeradius and also it contains mysql server, or can I distribute my
> software commercially?

Yes. You may of course sell the software, however under the terms of the GPL
you will of course have to make the source code to your module available
also.

Regards
--

Peter Nixon