Cassandra backends for Freeradius

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Jun 9 18:50:41 CEST 2015

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 3:40 AM, ICHIBA Sara <ichi.sara at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey there,
>
> I just started a project where I need to configure cassandra backends for
> freeradius. As i'm a newbie to both cassandra and freeradius I don't know
> much how to proceed. I found on github this repository
> <https://gist.github.com/linnaea/ef2457ae6fc6db7c2e04#file-rlm_sql_cassandra-c>
> which contains the schema for cassandra db, the sql conf and
> rlm_sql_cassandra module. Unfortunately, there is no documentation included
> so newbies like me would know what to do. As this mailing list is for
> developers I was hoping I could find someone here who could offer me some
> guidance, documentation or anything that might help me in my internship
> project.

I pinged the author a message on GitHub, we'll see if we can pull it in (he needs
to add a GPLv2 license header to the code).

The code's not bad. Just needs some formatting changes. He actually did a pretty
good job of using the internal APIs, so not a huge amount of work.

Once it's in, you just use it like any other SQL driver. I have a feeling though,
we'll need to fix C++ compilation for the entire server before everything works
as expected, as everything will need to be compiled as C++.

I looked at this a few years ago, but never found any really good references on
linking to C++ libraries from C, or how it works. C++ has a runtime, C doesn't.

Alan says you may just be able to use a C++ compiler to build the C code *shrug*.

-Arran