Nortel Networks Passport 8600 + Radius AAA

Jonathan De Graeve Jonathan.De.Graeve at imelda.be
Tue Sep 20 10:59:34 CEST 2005

There were bugs in that release.

Upgrade to 3.5.10.0

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator
Imelda vzw
Informatica Dienst
015/50.52.98
jonathan.de.graeve at imelda.be

---------

________________________________

Van: freeradius-users-bounces at lists.freeradius.org
[mailto:freeradius-users-bounces at lists.freeradius.org] Namens Inci Gedik
Verzonden: dinsdag 20 september 2005 10:53
Aan: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
Onderwerp: Nortel Networks Passport 8600 + Radius AAA

Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem. Could someone send me the correct configuration

Radiusd.conf , users, clients.conf or if it is necessary dictionary
files?

Thanks

Inci Gedik

I am in the testing phase using Nortel 8600's (8010 is the chassis),  No
dictionary needed.  I have had no problems.  but I am also using 3.5
code.  maybe trying the current version of code might help.  Just a
thought

>>> ettan at online.no 1/15/2004 9:01:32 AM >>>
Hi

We have just bought a few Nortel Passport 8010, and I like to use
freeradius
to authenticate the user that want to log on to configure this
switches.
I can se the Radius server is sending Access-Accept back to the switch,
but I
don't get any login prompt, but ask me again about login name.
Have someone got this to work or have any hints for me ?
I can't find any dictionary for Nortel, do I need that ?

users file:
jon   Auth-Type := local, User-Password == "jon",Huntgroup-Name ==
"pp8600"
      Service-Type = Login-User,
      Fall-Through = NO

debuging from radiusd -X:
modcall: group authorize returns ok
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type local
  auth: type Local
  auth: user supplied User-Password matches local User-Password
  Sending Access-Accept of id 23 to 10.10.9.51:1051
          Service-Type = Login-User
Finished request 0
 Going to the next request

The PP8610 config,Software Release 3.2.3.0 configuration:
LAB_550:5/config/radius/server# enable true
LAB_550:5/config/radius/server# create 10.10.1.2 secret test
LAB_550:5/config/radius/server# set 10.10.1.2 secret test

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
This message is intended only for certain recipients and may be
privileged or confidential.  If you have received it in error, please
notify sender and delete it without making or retaining a copy.