Radius client

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 15:31:53 CET 2006

Hi,

> I have another question then, how do I invoke this
> client? I already install the freeradius in the other
> computer (acting as client)
> do I just use radclient command or?
> I want to see how they interact (server and client)
> What I got until now is
> the server succesfully authenticate the client by
> sending access_accept.
> And afterwards I still confused how to see the
> process.
> I want to extend the functionality of the client, so I
> need to know which file that i must extend.

what exactly do you want the FreeRADIUS test client to do? as
it comes, it will just take back an Accept or Reject response
from the server... do you wish the client to actually do something
like allow the system to be on the network? if so you need to wrap
radclient into some script.... or use a proper dot1x client and
set up the networking environment accordingly. to 'SEE' the process
you should be looking at the logs on the server...or turn on the
debugging ( eg radiusd -X ) on the server to see whats going on.

alan