Radius client

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 16:28:58 CET 2006

Hi,

> Also, what I really want to do is that I want
> radclient to do calculation like in the prepaid
> billing.
> So, when the client receive access_accept from the
> server, then it start the calculation. and after
> sometime report the result to the server.
> And the server will respond according to the message.

oh. generally you do all the accounting and pre-paid
stuff and timing of sessions etc on the SERVER. all the
required bits are already there. various rlm_* modules
that can interface nicely to a database backend etc.

> And for the process interaction that i want to see
> (between client and server) is for example the case of
> session timeout.
> How do i see if the client sending the message to the
> server.How do I make untill all of these information
> show in let say tcpdump.

you can see the stuff with tcpdump (in the usual way) but there
are special filters for RADIUS in ethereal package - which some
people prefer to use when looking at the network stuff. you
could look at the server end still - since you can see all the
into that the server sends and that the server receives. if
you have a problem with the network so that packets dont arrive
than thats another issue altogether.

> In the debug out (when i run radiusd -X) it only
> written
>
> "Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request."

ah. if you are ONLY seeing this and yet you are trying to run the radclient
on another box...then the packets arent arriving to the server. in this
case perhaps there is a firewall in the way (usual suspect and reason).
if you have misconfigured the client/server relationship (wrong passphrase
etc) then you would see info...and it would tell you!

alan