Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 11, Issue 58

Atkins, Dwane P ATKINSD at uthscsa.edu
Wed Mar 15 22:02:44 CET 2006

Hi,
> OReilly FreeRADIUS book, free online documents and help guides

I am away that this book is available, and we are trying to purchase it,
but it will need to be delivered.

> make sure you have the mysql RPMs and the freeradius-mysql RPMs
installed

I did exactly what the instructions told me to do.  I downloaded and
extracted the tarball.  Configured, make and make install.  Was there
more I need to do to configure it with mysql?

>  make sure the right calls are in it.

Not sure what this means!!!

> How do I enter my users in mysql? Hi,

> Is there a free radius for Dummies book out there?  I know that most
of
> the instruction probably make sense to everyone, but me.

OReilly FreeRADIUS book, free online documents and help guides

> I am trying to configure Freeradius 1.1 on a mysql database using
fedora
> 4.

make sure you have the mysql RPMs and the freeradius-mysql RPMs
installed

> Is there something I need to do with the sql.conf file to tie all of
> this together?

>  make sure the right calls are in it.  I am not sure what you meant by
this.

> use mysql or use one of the myriad of front-ends to use MySQL via a
web
interface - mysqladmin etc. PERL scripts using the DBD system too.

Where do I find these myriads of front-ends?

> Users? the users should be looking at FreeRADIUS. it authenticates
them and
accounts them via the NAS. or do you mean system admin users?

For sys admin users.

> yes. in MySQL tables - then use rlm_accounting calls to make sure the
dates
etc are within those ranges.

Where do I find these.

I have been to the archives and back.  I have searched countless hours
for some better examples of installing this process using MySql on
Fedora.

Thanks

Dwane