freeradius problem with DialupAdmin.

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Tue May 2 22:55:09 CEST 2006

Eric Hilden wrote:
> My tables currently under the Radius Database that I have created are as
> follows:
>
> badusers
> mtotacct
> totacct
> userinfo

Why would you expect FreeRADIUS even look at those tables unless you
tell it to?

> "Database query failed: Table 'radius.radacct' doesn't exit."

Yep, that would be the default accounting table.

> Also if I try to create a user or new group I get :
>
> "Database query failed: Table 'radius.usergroup' doesn't exit."
> "Database query failed: Table 'radius.radgroupcheck' doesn't exit."

....more default tables.

> I have tried looking for where I setup these tables and values with no
> luck. I read somewhere that there is a script for automatically
> generating these tables but I did not reference where the script was.

Sample SQL scripts to create the tables is included in the source.  If
suse included it in the rpms, it would probably be in /usr/share someplace.

You may want to look at /etc/raddb/sql.conf to try to understand what
FreeRADIUS is trying to do with mysql.  I wouldn't change it though
unless you *really* understand what you are doing.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator