Freeradius + Cisco VoIP

Ali Majdzadeh ali.majdzadeh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 09:57:15 CEST 2006

Hi Geoffrey
I am using Cisco 3600. In my case, I have found out the following issues
with AV pairs:
Call Leg 1:
Cisco sends the following AV pairs to the radius server:
User-Name
User-Password
h323-conf-id
Cisco-AVPair=h323-ivr-out
NAS-Port-Type
cisco-nas-port
NAS-Port
Cisco-AVPair=interface
Service-Type
NAS-IP-Address
Cisco expects to see the following AV pairs sent by the radius server:
h323-credit-amount
h323-credit-time
h323-return-code

Call Leg 2:
Cisco sends the following AV pairs to the radius server:
User-Name
User-Password
h323-conf-id
Cisco-AVPair=h323-ivr-out
Called-Station-Id
Service-Type
NAS-IP-Address
Cisco expects to see the following AV pairs sent by the radius server:
h323-credit-amount
h323-credit-time
h323-return-code
The above AV pairs are for authenticating the user, after these two call
legs, you should concern accounting the user. I think there are no AV pairs
sent by the radius server for accounting, since it just waits until Cisco
sends the stop packet. Of course, there are two different sets of AV pairs
that are both have Acct-Status-Type=stop, but these two sets are for Call
Leg 3 and 4, and they differ in one or two AV pairs from which you can
determine the different call legs.
Hope this information can help you.

Best Ragrds
Ali