HELP: radtest fails local test

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 13 08:30:29 CEST 2007

Jacob Jarick wrote:
> How do I configure the users file to authenticate against the AD, the
> howto I followed says u do not need to configure the users file.

  If you're using PEAP, yes.  If you're just using PAP, you need to tell
the server what to do.

> I read the users.txt man page but it wasnt any help.
>
> My krb5.conf is properly configured, running ntlm_auth from the
> command line works perfectly.

  So... when I said you need to run ntlm_auth, and you could use the
"exec" module to do that, what conclusion did you reach?

  Or, you can replace the reference to "System" in the "users" file with
"Kerberos".  But be sure you've told FreeRADIUS to use the kerberos module.