Freeradius and Quintum help plz

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 11:34:01 CEST 2007

Hi,
> Ok, I imported the schema into a mysql database and I
> uncommented "sql" and "sql_log" in radiusd.conf in the
> accounting, session and post-auth.
>
> Now when I issue "radiusd" command it says "Starting -
> reading configuration files ..."

and 'radiusd -X'  works? if so, what about 'radiusd -x'

sounds very much like the server is unable to write its
logging files - those directories must be writable by
the radiusd process owner (usually radiusd or nobody).
if you've installed as root or run things as root you
may find these permissions incorrect. another issue
is the run PID file - often the location is also wrong
permission - eg /var/run/radius/radiusd.pid

alan