PAM_RADIUS_AUTH - Need help

Sobanbabu Bakthavathsalu Sobanbabu_B at infosys.com
Mon Nov 5 11:28:11 CET 2007

Hi Alan,

Any thought gone on this?
Why is the plugin unable to resolve the IP address of the RADIUS server, or trying to resolve an IP to IP?
Is that something related to compilation?

Regards
Soban

First time I tried with IP address only, and got the following error.
Oct 25 19:58:20 ada-delegate1 login: [ID 801593 auth.error] pam_radius_auth: Failed looking up IP address for RADIUS server 10.213.31.186 (errcode=12)
Oct 25 19:58:20 ada-delegate1 login: [ID 801593 auth.error] pam_radius_auth: Failed looking up IP address for RADIUS server 10.213.69.133 (errcode=12)
It was trying to resolve the IP address for an address again. Later I made a host entry and tried and the changed the config to name again. And getting the same error.

Regards
Soban