EAP/TTLS problem with Win XP and Linux

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 4 14:37:49 CEST 2007

elhammoud rachida wrote:
>>   It's a certificate problem.  The supplicants have decided that they
>> don't like the servers certificate.  They then stop doing EAP.
>>
> can'i use the certificats existing in the freeradius-1.1.7 ? it's
> sufficient.

  What I mean is that the supplicants do not accept the certificate that
the server sends.  To find out why, LOOK AT THE SUPPLICANT LOGS.

>>   Look at the logs on the supplicant to see why they're stopping EAP.
>>
> by linux, I put this
> wireshark -i eth0
> but any response

  eth0 isn't usually a wireless device.

  And using wireshark isn't looking at the supplicant logs.

  Go read the supplicant documentation for it's certificate needs.

  Go read the supplicant documentation for how to enable extended logging.

  Ask supplicant questions on the mailing lists for the supplicants.  Do
not ask supplicant questions on this list.