Compile problems

David Blood david at speedyquick.net
Thu Aug 28 01:53:35 CEST 2008

I am trying to install freeradius from source and cannot seem to get it to
install correctly.

1.        I am installing on a centos 4.5 box and would like freeradius to
install the config file in the correct place (i.e. /etc/raddb) setting the
prefix='' ( or sysconfdir='/etc/raddb') in the configure script does not
tell the radiusd executable to look  in /etc/raddb for its configuration
files. It still looks in /usr/local/etc/raddb

2.       The configure script cannot find the libgdbm library and thus
cannot configure some of the rlm_modules.  I have tried setting the
--with-rlm-counter-lib-dir='/usr/lib' which is where the gdbm library is
looked to get rlm_couter to configure but it still fails.

3.       I says it can't locate check-radiusd-config . I wish I knew where
it was looking.

Here is the configure command I last used with the error output received.

./configure --prefix=''  --exec-prefix='/usr' --includedir='/usr/include'
--datadir='/usr/share' --libdir='/usr/lib' --sysconfdir='/etc/raddb'
--with-rlm-counter-lib-dir='/usr/lib' -q

appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool

appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool

config.status: WARNING:  ./Make.inc.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting

config.status: WARNING:  ./src/include/build-radpaths-h.in seems to ignore
the --datarootdir setting

chmod: cannot access `check-radiusd-config': No such file or directory

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_counter.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_counter requires:  libgdbm.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_dbm requires:  (ndbm.h or gdbm/ndbm.h or
gdbm-ndbm.h) (libndbm or libgdbm or libgdbm_compat).

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_dbm.

configure: WARNING: the TNCS library isn't found!

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_eap_tnc.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_eap_tnc requires:  -lTNCS.

configure: creating ./config.status

config.status: creating Makefile

checking for OpenSSL support... yes

configure: creating ./config.status

config.status: creating Makefile

config.status: creating config.h

config.status: config.h is unchanged

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ippool.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_ippool requires:  libgdbm.

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_ldap.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_ldap requires:  libldap_r ldap.h.

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_pam.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_pam requires:  libpam.

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_python.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_python requires:  Python.h.

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_iodbc.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_iodbc requires: libiodbc isql.h.

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_postgresql.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_postgresql requires:  libpq-fe.h libpq.

configure: WARNING: oracle headers not found.  Use
--with-oracle-home-dir=<path>.

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_oracle.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_oracle requires: oci.h.

configure: WARNING: silently not building rlm_sql_unixodbc.

configure: WARNING: FAILURE: rlm_sql_unixodbc requires: sql.h.

David