Compile problems

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Aug 28 08:13:26 CEST 2008

David Blood wrote:
> 1.        I am installing on a centos 4.5 box and would like freeradius
> to install the config file in the correct place (i.e. /etc/raddb)
> setting the prefix=’’

  Don't do that.  Use "prefix=/", if anything.

> ( or sysconfdir=’/etc/raddb’)

  Use "sysconfdir=/etc"

> in the configure
> script does not tell the radiusd executable to look  in /etc/raddb for
> its configuration files. It still looks in /usr/local/etc/raddb

  The "configure" script can cache values from previous runs.  Ensure
that an earlier run is not affecting a newer, different, configuration.

> 2.       The configure script cannot find the libgdbm library and thus
> cannot configure some of the rlm_modules.  I have tried setting the
> --with-rlm-counter-lib-dir='/usr/lib' which is where the gdbm library is
> looked to get rlm_couter to configure but it still fails.

  If the gdbm file is in /usr/lib, that's only part of what the server
needs to use gdbm.  It *also* needs the gdbm development header files.
Install those.

> 3.       I says it can’t locate check-radiusd-config … I wish I knew
> where it was looking.

  That file no longer exists.  Ignore that error.

> Here is the configure command I last used with the error output received.

  If you look through the output of "configure" for references to "gdb",
you would see that it's looking for a gdbm header file, and not finding it.