OT: MS do I hate thee?

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Thu Dec 31 02:12:49 CET 2009

Difan Zhao <difan.zhao at guest-tek.com> wrote:

> So I assume that none of you guys use MS Exchange server then... Do you
> guys all hate MS and support open source?? I am a windows guy but I am
> on your side!!

I would not say 'hate', just find it completely unsuitable or helpful
for me to let me do what I need to do.  If Windows floats yer boat than
that's good, just does not float mine.

The one gripe I do have about Microsoft is their tendency to break
standards for the sole purpose of tightening their gripe on the
industry; with no actual benefit for consumers or the poor sysadmins
that have to deal with their cruft.  However that's why we have
anti-trust cases and multi-billion ${UNIT-CURRENCY} fines :)

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: The best things in life are for a fee.