Error binding port to ipv6 address

D'AVELLA STEFANO Stefano.DAvella at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Feb 9 18:02:37 CET 2009

Be sure that no other freeradius is running and also that you have
enough rights to open such a port.

Look in your inet.d or similar to avoid that another service is run
instead of the planned freeradius.

Thanks for the quick answer. I have thought the same because also some
old mailing list post seemed to be related to this problem.
I checked this possible problem before posting, but as far as I can see
there is no other instance of freeradius running (ps -e | grep
freeradius returns empty), and nothing is listening on that port
(according to netstat). I also tried to change port several times but
it's not working....
In /etc/services the port 1812 both tcp and udp are correctly assigned
to radius (in fact in the error message it correctly use the port 1812).

Regards,

--
Stefano D'Avella