checking authorization in the duration of connection

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Wed May 6 11:35:44 CEST 2009

> Hi Arran
> I have trouble.would you please send me codes?
> I don't know how those support adsl do ? when users are online during all
> the
> days and there is limitation on the traffic amount?
>

> It's possible even if the NAS doesn't support PoD, so long as the NAS
> supports
> the 802.1X mib, you should be able to fire off an SNMP-SET with the exec
> module and force re-authentication. All the required information is
> available in the Accounting Request the server just received.
>
> If you're really having trouble and ask nicely i'll write some example
> code.
>
> Arran

802.1x coding is not going to be of much use for adsl. What NAS are you
using? Does it support gigawords in accounting and does it have traffic
limiting VSAs? Best thing to do is to create a traffic sqlcounter that
will set the session limit at the start of the session (at authentication)
and use methods explained in netexpertise article to keep collected
traffic information more realistic (in that scenario loosing even one stop
packet for a session that lasted days would be quite bad).

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP