Simultaneous-Use and UserName sent from NAS

Ziggy Bopster ziggybopster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 16:41:55 CEST 2011

Hi Alan,

>  Read doc/Simultaneous-Use.  It's a how-to, and most questions are
> answered there.

Thank you.. I will re-read the Simultaneous-Use Doc again..  I may
have to start from a simple configuration, before trying to integrate
that with e-Directory.

>  Ugh.  Upgrade to 2.1.10.
I'll upgrade to 2.1.10 prior to trying again.

>  Those look like MAC addresses, perhaps.  And that doesn't matter, if
> you're trying to do Simultaneous-Use for use "ziggy".

Those are not MAC addresses.. They are randomly generated numbers?
Why?  don't know.. But it doesn't matter I guess.  Just makes it hard
for me to understand the debug log, since I'm new at it.

>  Do you get Accounting-Request packets for user "ziggy"?  If not, then
> Simultaneous-Use will be hard to do.

I looked at the debug log again using the
http://networkradius.com/freeradius.html debugging output URL (wish I
found it sooner).  I see Access-Request packets with "Ziggy" from
Packets 3-12 for the authentication portion.  The next time I see
anything with Username = "Ziggy" is the Accounting-Request packet when
I disconnect from the SSID as indicated in the Acct-Status-Type =
Stop.  In this packet, the calling-station-ID becomes 0.0.0.0.
though.. Is that how it is suppose to look?  Since it should be
"00-22-fa-a1-ba-e8" ?

rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host 10.32.156.5 port 32768,
id=111, length=188
        User-Name = "ziggy"
        NAS-Port = 29
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.32.156.5
        NAS-Identifier = "CW32CE0A"
        Airespace-Wlan-Id = 3
        Acct-Session-Id = "4defbab6/00:22:fa:a1:ba:e8/12404"
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        Tunnel-Type:0 = VLAN
        Tunnel-Medium-Type:0 = IEEE-802
        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "342"