Fwd: ldap-radius integration

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Mar 30 23:56:00 CEST 2012

> could you give me some refrence material or the steps involved in integrating radius and ldap?
> Iam stuck with the error
> [ldap] bind as cn=Manager,ou=radius,dc=example,dc=com/{SSHA}N0HDoA07iBXb/qW6JmhxnkUeTkVex1mN to 127.0.0.1:389
>   [ldap] waiting for bind result ...
>   [ldap] LDAP login failed: check identity, password settings in ldap section of radiusd.conf
> cant understand how to proceed..!
> PS: Im using ubuntu 11.10

You need to tell FreeRADIUS login credentials for your LDAP
administrator account. According to the query, the username for that is
"Manager" and the LDAP server is "radius.example.com".

I believe these are the default (shipped) values that come with
FreeRADIUS. Replace them with the *real* login details of your LDAP
admin account.

In general: *read* the debug output and *apply common sense*.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

P.S.: your Operating System is irrelevant for this error.