Cisco phones loosing connectivity with VMPS and IOS upgrade to 15.0(1)SE2

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 31 13:37:47 CEST 2012

On 31/05/12 11:05, Kaya Saman wrote:

> Unfortunately I can't give the version of FreeRADIUS being used as I
> didn't set it up initially and hence the software is not within the
> package database of the Linux box it's running on; however if there is
> a command I could use from one of the FreeRADIUS binaries I am happy
> to provide the information.

Well, the standard suggestion, documented in the server docs, is to
capture the output of:

radiusd -X

...on a working and failing system. Read the output, see if you can spot
the problem. If not, post it here.

> Can anyone suggest anything?

Don't use VMPS.

Seriously: the VMPS code in FR is great, but VMPS is ancient. If your
switch supports it (and I'm sure it does) you should just use RADIUS and
MAC-based VLANS (called MAB in Cisco-land) instead.