NAS features info

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 9 17:02:30 CEST 2012

Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> Is there a document that I consult so I know what to look for if I want
> more than just authentication with radius ?

  See the NAS vendor documentation.

> I would like to buy a wireless accesspoint where I can "time"
> user-access, meaning my users are restricted in time when they can use
> the wireless accesspoint, and force them off-line when their time-window
> closes. Because I don't know how this is managed, I can't decide which
> accesspoint will do what I would like to do.
> All such stuff, is that read/managed via snmp ?

  It depends on the vendor.

  There are hundreds of vendors selling thousands of products.  It's
impossible to document the behavior of all of those products.

  Your best bet is to pay for a good product from a reputable vendor.
The cheaper the product, the less features it has.