adding operator-name to play nice with eduroam

Brian Gold bgold at simons-rock.edu
Mon Sep 24 17:39:05 CEST 2012

Hi all,

We've been up and running with Eduroam for a few months now without any major issues. It was just pointed out to me that we should
be sending operator-name along with our proxy requests for better logging and easier troubleshooting if we do experience problems
down the line.

I believe I've got things set up now to send our operator-name along with the proxied requests by adding the following to our
pre-proxy section in sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
        update proxy-request {
                Operator-Name := "1simons-rock.edu"
        }

But I would also like to be capturing operator-name on incoming proxy requests. I can't seem to find any documentation as to where I
would configure this though. Any suggestions?

Brian Gold
System Administrator
Bard College at Simon's Rock