EAP-PSK : 16 bytes Pre shared key not configured

Jouni Malinen jkmalinen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:41:07 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Tatiana DIBANDA <tdibanda31 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I implemented the module eap2 to make freeradius with the eap_psk .  After
> started the freeradius server (radius_output file attached to this mail), i
> launched my client openpana, the authentication failed and i have this error
> message
> "EAP-PSK : 16 bytes Pre shared key not configured" (refer to
> openpana_client_output file attached to this mail)

That's a client configuration issue..

> I would like to know how to configure the pre-shared key in my server?

You may find it easier to just use hostapd as the RADIUS
authentication server (e.g., proxy EAP-PSK from FreeRADIUS to hostapd
when needed) instead of trying to use rlm_eap2 to make the EAP server
implementation from hostapd to work with FreeRADIUS. That way you'll
avoid having to use experimental integration code.

- Jouni