Need examples for MSCHAPV2Authenticator

Wang, Yu ywang10 at fsu.edu
Fri Jul 26 15:23:57 CEST 2013

>1. I am in the process of updating my existing JRadius client to use MSCHAPV2Authenticator.
>Is there a document or example that explains on how to send the hashed passwords between Radius client and server using this authenticator?

We use Samba Winbind.
Check this link: http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/FreeRADIUS-Active-Directory-Integration-HOWTO/c3661f0a43b3f36eb9a1cda7b719d8349c9d13dd

>2. As per Wiki, it seems to be mandatory to mention CA issued certificates.
>Is there an example that uses certificates for mutual authentication?

The same link has an example for it too (under EAP tls clause).

>3. Based on different authenticators available in JRadius, MSCHAPV2 seems to be the strongest authentication possible. Is that understanding fair?
MSCHAPV2 is not strong. But you have TLS tunnel established so it should be ok.

https://www.cloudcracker.com/blog/2012/07/29/cracking-ms-chap-v2/

Yu Wang