What is the strongest encryption of password Jradius can support?

Rama Krishna RLinga at zhone.com
Fri Jul 26 19:29:38 CEST 2013

Sample client that I wrote on Solaris using JRadius APIs is able to get authenticated from a FreeRadius server running on Linux.
However, the password was passed as clear text?

What is the strongest encryption supported in JRadius for password encrypting / hashing?
Is there a document that I can refer to for settings required in FreeRadius server and APIs that can be used in JRadius?

Thanks,
Rama