unlang vs suffix

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 17:56:45 CET 2013

On 13/11/13 16:34, Rui Ribeiro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a simple doubt; I have seen many times a couple of people saying
> they prefer to use unlang than the suffix directive; what´s the
> advantage of - supposing proxy.conf is adequately  configured, instead
> of doing

The "realm" module always reads the list of realms from "proxy.conf",
honouring the special realms DEFAULT and NULL (I'm ignoring the regexp
syntax stuff here).

Doing it manually with "unlang" lets you specify the mapping from Realm
to Proxy-To-Realm yourself, and you can be more flexible and explicit
about it.

i.e. with "suffix" you might have:

user at example.com
   Realm = DEFAULT
   Proxy-To-Realm = DEFAULT

...versus unlang you might set:

user at example.com
   Realm = example.com
   Proxy-To-Realm = SOMEPROVIDER

Basically, using unlang is a bit more configurable, which is
particularly useful in a roaming federation like eduroam.