Poll: Which OS for pre-built packages?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Sep 12 11:30:10 CEST 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Simon Flood <S.M.Flood at uis.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 11/09/2014 23:37, Stefan Paetow wrote:
>
>> I'm guessing OpenSUSE and SciLinux could also do with support
>

> Builds for various releases of both openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise
> Server (SLES) are available via the openSUSE Build Service @
> http://software.opensuse.org/package/freeradius-server - click "Show other
> versions" below the Direct Install button then you may need to click "Show
> unstable packages" below the relevant distribution.

... and it shows that the latest stable version (OS 13.1) is still
stuck at 2.2.0. And while there are others who build 3.0.3 packages
(including official OS factory), apparently I'm the only one who
builds 2.2.5 there (which should be an easier upgrade path for 2.x
users who simply want bug fixes)

> I'd suggest not reinventing the wheel but simply link to the above URL for
> packages of latest openSUSE and SLES builds.

I think the key word here is "official". Suse is apparently not
interested in providing official up-to-date packages (which, up to a
certain degree, is understandable). So official FR package is a good
thing for those who want to run the latest version. I'd just simply
stop updating 2.2.x unofficial packages should an official build
becomes available.

--
Fajar