FreeRadius LDAP Simultaneous-Use more than 1

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 20 18:54:43 CET 2015

On Feb 20, 2015, at 10:21 AM, Reilly, Paul <preilly at eastpennsd.org> wrote:
> So after some configuration I was to make Freeradius work with MS AD using groups to modify vlan-id and everything seemed to be working great.  I tested Simultaneous-Use with the following configuration and it was working but when I switch it to  ":= 2" it fails to stop users after the second login.

  It should work, unless….

> I can see the user logins using radwho but it only ever shows 1 login.

  That explains why.

>  Do I have to use Mysql to use Simultaneous-Use if the value is greater than 1?

  No.

  It might help in this case, because the SQL schema is a bit more flexible than radutmp.

  Ensure that the accounting packets have UNIQUE identifiers for each user.

  And… run in debugging mode to see what’s going on.  Really.  I can’t recommend that enough.