Publishing an EAP-TLS WPA2 Enterprise Setup Guide on the Wiki

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Jan 2 01:00:27 CET 2015

> On 1 Jan 2015, at 16:58, Jasvinder S. Bahra <bbdl21548 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Everyone,
>
> I've put together a step-by-step guide showing how to setup FreeRadius to provide a WPA2 Enterprise (EAP-TLS) secure wifi network.  In addition, the guide shows how to get various clients onto the network (windows, android and apple devices).

Anything that encourages people to stop using passwords for authentication is definitely useful.

> I would like to create a page on the official freeradius wiki for my guide, and place a link to it on the HOWTO (http://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/HOWTO) page.  Does anyone know how I can gain permission to do so? (assuming permission is required)  Or do I need to join the freeradius-developer list and ask there?

You just need a GitHub account. Anyone can edit or create pages, the requirement for GitHub is
just to protect against Spam edits, which we used to get a lot of.

> If the guide would have to be vetted before hand - who would have to give the okay?  (again, if required)

You get bonus points if you include a section on validating certificates without OCSP or a CRL :)

If you want it reviewed just post the link to the list after you're done.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS development team