Weird issue - threads bottleneck in post-proxy section

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 4 17:28:07 CET 2015

On Mar 4, 2015, at 11:14 AM, RESTOUX, Loïc <loic.restoux at capgemini.com> wrote:
> Then I returned to source code... And I noticed that the post-proxy section could be invoked by the master thread, which explains every symptoms. If the master thread is blocked, it does not handle incoming requests et replies from the remote radius any more.

  It *can* do post-proxy in the master thread.  But only if it’s single threaded.

> In which cases does the master invoke post-proxy section ?

  When it’s single threaded.

  In normal cases, it runs the proxy reply back through the thread queue.  Where a child thread picks it up.

  You should be able to test this by looking at the current thread ID.  If it’s the same as the master thread, it’s a problem.