home_server type = auth+acct+coa in the same port?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 8 17:14:33 CEST 2015

On May 8, 2015, at 11:08 AM, Jorge Pereira <jpereiran at gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason of my question is because the product RedBack (Nokia) has this
> capability.

  It is very much non-standard.

> And i found in the latest release notes from 3.0.5 the below
> point.
>
>   - CoA and Disconnect packets can now be sent to a specific home server
>   by setting control:Packet-Dst-IP-Address and (optionally)
>   control:Packet-Dst-Port.
>
> I really would like to have this and I intend to add this support. what do
> you think about that?

  Sure.  The main difficulty is in parsing the config, and verifying that the destination is, in fact, capable of handling the packet being sent.

  To be honest, the best solution would be to fix the config so that "type = auth+acct" is disallowed.  Instead, just allow multiple "type" fields.  And change the home_server definition to have an array of allowed types.

  This means it's easy to understand, easy to parse, and easy to extend in the future.

  And be sure that the changes are backwards compatible. :)