Cannot control attribute ordering via rlm_perl

Heiko Rehm hrehm at pyra-mite.net
Sat Jun 30 12:10:20 CEST 2018

Hello List,

I am falling in the same trap as below quoted a few years back.
When using WiMAX, the reply attribute ordering is important.
Using rlm_perl which is used with "Splynx" (www.splynx.com) messes up the order in the response and I can't seem to find a way around this.

Alan mentioned in a old post "suggestions welcome".
Wondering if there was a solution in the meantime or if anyone has a idea how to solve this (with perl)?

Thanks,
Heiko

<quote author='Alan DeKok-2'>
Claude Brown wrote:

> I'm trying to control the attribute-ordering when using "rlm_perl". Thus
> far my experience is that this is not

possible. My theory is that this is due to the hash-tables used as the
interface between the C and Perl worlds.

  Quite possibly.

> The ordering is important to for me as I want those three WiMAX attributes
> packed inside a parent attribute "WiMAX-Packet-Flow-Descriptor". If I turn
> off the "perl" module (or place it before the "files" module) the packing
> works as expected.

  Yeah.  The server really needs to have a better way of handling nested
attributes.  Suggestions are welcome...

> Can anyone see how I can control the ordering of attributes coming out of
> the perl script?

  Not using Perl.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

</quote>
Quoted from:
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/Cannot-control-attribute-ordering-via-rlm-perl-tp4875309p4875466.html

Sent from http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com

*PYRAMITE* 	*Heiko Rehm ///
PYRAMITE-IT/*
Email: hrehm at pyra-mite.net 	Location: https://goo.gl/maps/vcxUbJJUaEq
Jabber: heiko at chat.pyra-mite.net 	Mobile Kenya: (+254) 708 725 844
Web: http://www.pyra-mite.net 	Mobile Germany: (+49) 7344 175333
Skype: heikorehm 	Mobile Belgium: (+32) 495 26 44 26
PGP-Public: goo.gl/h9fgZZ <https://goo.gl/h9fgZZ> 	Facebook:
goo.gl/J8dyJA <https://goo.gl/J8dyJA>