Cache errors(?) - single device

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 11 20:48:39 CEST 2019

> On Sep 11, 2019, at 2:26 PM, Marcin Marszałkowski <m.marszal at wp.pl> wrote:
>
>> Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> w dniu 11.09.2019, o godz. 18:24:
>> Then the question of "why are the replies different?" is answered in the debug output.  Which means I'm surprised that the question was asked.
>
> „Why…” I meant to find the underlying root cause of this particular problem. I’m not developer - just  a user and debug info is not as clear to me as is to you.

  The messages are pretty clear.  They show you which attributes are stored in the session cache, and which ones are retrieved from the session cache.

>> Did you edit the "store" subsection to list attributes for it to cache?  As documented ... ?
>
> I’ve read on wiki rlm_eap description and there’s nothing about caching. The only thing I adhered to was description in eap config file
> Unfortunately, I couldn’t find anything about „store” subsection.

  Then you're not looking at the mods-available/eap file from the v3.0.x branch.

  The point of using a new version is *not* just to use the binary.  But *also* to look at the updated documentation and configuration examples.

  So you've wasted days of time and many message just to realize that you're *not* looking at the updated examples as I suggested.

  Please follow instructions.  It shouldn't be difficult.  Every step you skip results in lost time and more frustration for everyone.

> Did you mean similar problem asked about in http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/Example-of-how-to-use-caching-Cached-Session-Policy-td4329307.html ?

  No.  I meant to look at the "store" subsection.  Which is why I said it.